If you have been to a local yoga studio or any meditation sessions and picked a natural, citrus scent in the atmosphere, chances are it was none other than Palo Santo. A mystical aroma traveling through time, Palo Santo has a myriad of benefits. Let’s learn about this sacred Palo Santo tree and understand how its fragrance holds a number of benefits for us.
What Is Palo Santo?
Palo Santo, which means ‘holy wood’ or ‘wood of the saints’ in Spanish, is a sacred tree native to Peru, Ecuador and other South American countries. It is mostly found in dry tropical forests and produces a natural fragrant resin. These trees are part of the citrus family and have sweet notes of pine, mint and lemon. Indigenous cultures believe that these trees possess magical properties. For thousands of years, Palo Santo has been a herald of healing and good fortune. Natives have been using its wood, resin and oil for medicinal purposes and other spiritual benefits. Interestingly, Palo Santo wood is more beneficial if it dies naturally and is allowed to decompose for 5-8 years. This gives enough time for the oil in the wood to fully mature before it’s harvested and manufactured into incense sticks and essential oils. Let us now explore the incredible benefits Palo Santo wood offers.
Miraculous Benefits Of Palo Santo Wood
- Natural Healing: People have been using Palo Santo for ages to treat different types of pains like arthritis, headache and throat pain. It also acts as a natural remedy for colds and flu and is known to relieve asthma and reduce inflammation. It supports the immune and nervous systems to catalyze recovery from illness.
- Smudging: Smudging is an ancient spiritual ritual of burning medicinal herbs like Palo Santo used to cleanse the surroundings and dispel all the negative energies around you. When a Palo Santo incense stick is burnt, it purifies the environment and produces a positive aura. This enhances your mental health, reduces your stress levels and improves your meditation experiences.
- Stress Reliever And Relaxation Purposes: The earthy, citrus scent of Palo Santo promotes an energy shift and induces calmness. This helps us to relax and connect with ourselves during meditation. Also, according to a 2013 study, it was found that when limonene (a compound present in palo santo) was inhaled, it exhibited anti-stress and anti-anxiety properties.
- Handy Repellent For Insects: According to a 2012 study, limonene, present in Palo Santo, possess insecticide properties as well. It acts as a natural repellent for insects like mosquitoes, ants, termites and flies.
- Creates Sacred Spaces And Connects With The Divine: When you burn Palo Santo wood, its cleansing aroma purifies the air and creates sacred space for you. This soothing scent helps to raise your vibration and increase your concentration powers. Such a calm and sacred atmosphere allows you to peacefully meditate and connect with the divine source.
- Boosts Creativity: Various studies suggest that the sweet, earthy scent of Palo Santo wood enriches the environment by inducing peace and serenity in the air. This helps to boost creativity and increase your productivity levels also.
- Attracts Good Fortune And Promotes Positivity: It is believed that burning a Palo Santo incense stick brightens your spiritual energy and attracts good fortune. It restores peace and infuses blessings in the form of love and wealth to you and your family.
Where To Buy It?
Now that you know the benefits of Palo Santo, you might be tempted to buy one and reap one or all of the above benefits. One can buy Palo Santo in the form of incense sticks, cones and essential oils. If you are looking for the best Palo Santo incense sticks in the market, HEM Corporation is at your service. We, at HEM Corporation, provide 100% natural and handmade Palo Santo incense sticks. Grab yours now and experience the positive change in your life!
Also read: What Is The Science Behind Incense Sticks?